Check out my review of Josh Pyke’s new album over at TheDwarf. It’s very… interesting.
In Other News
I’m running out of ideas for posts. Lately I’ve been writing a book, which is really fun. I’m playing with chronology and dreams, and it’s becoming something I’d really enjoy reading myself.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone actually regularly reads this blog. I get a fair amount of views every day, but hardly any comments. So feel free to say hi, and offer any ideas or themes or anything really.
- Tom Williams leaving Australian Idol – get a few years of singing lessons under your belt, boy
- The Nintendo Wii – played my friend’s the other day and am now determined to get one for myself (donations are welcome)
- Mid-Semester Break – so far I’ve done 2 essays in 4 days but I still need to do 4 more
- The new season of Survivor! – Gabon is full of elephant dung. My favourite contestant at this point is Charlie, with the rest jockeying for second. An interesting bunch…
- 8 Out Of 10 Cats – Jimmy Carr hosts a panel show about statistics. Doesn’t sound great, but the team captains (Sean Locke and Jason Manford) are funny and so is the show. YouTube it.
- Jodhi Meares – she brought down AusNTM with her overt favouritism and lack of professionalism. I’m overjoyed to hear that she quit/was fired. Apparently, Australian model Cheyenne Tozzi (who is one year younger than me, damnit! where’s my big break?) is tipped to host next season.
- The Economy – basically, we’re all doomed. The Great Depression v2.0 is just around the corner.
- My hair – seriously, I can’t seem to do anything with it.
- Rove – he’s apparently signed a 2-year contract with 10. Why can’t he go away and give someone else the opportunity to host a talk show? I’d do a much better job than him. Letterman is my god.
- The new Kings Of Leon – I don’t mean that I dislike their latest album, oh no. It’s quite good, if you like The Killers-via-Bruce Springsteen-plus The Rolling Stones at thier poppiest. What happened to the band who made Youth & Young Manhood? I want that gritty Southern rock back.
What’s on your Like list? What are you hatin’ on at the moment? Comment section is your friend.
I recently had a listen to Children Collide’s debut album, The Long Now. You can check out my thoughts over at TheDwarf.
The other news is that Deflower’d has been featured on WordPress’ list of Fastest Growing Blogs! Thanks to all the readers and especially the commenters; it’s much appreciated.
Aw shit. Check out more here
In other news:
Make your own book (Blurb)
“Don’t come in my ear” (MyDamnChannel)
8-bit Roooooad Triiiip! (Thule Trail)
It would take 168 cups of coffee to kill me (Death By Caffeine)
Pre-recorded awesomeness (Get Me Out Of Here)
Tibetan Buddhist internet radio. The Future Is Now! (LamRim.com)
Breaking the fourth wall, Flash animation style (The Best Flash Animation of 2006)
This could be the best invention in the world of art, comics, and life ever. It’s a new comic and I want it. First person to give me one… um. Yeah, just give me one.
Back at university = me having no time to review. Sorry yo!
Coming soon, a review of We Own The Night starring Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Wahlberg.
More news of an Arrested Development movie has surfaced, with Jason Bateman saying as recently as Feb first that “I can confirm that a round of sniffing has started. Any talk is targeting a post-strike situation, of course… I think, as always, that it’s a question of whether the people with the money are willing to give our leader, Mitch Hurwitz, what he deserves for his participation. And I can speak for the cast when I say our fingers are crossed.”
Please god. Do something good for once. Make this happen. I mean really. It would be effing amazing.
The latest Hollywood crime against nostalgia; The Get Smart movie, starring Steve ‘Sometimes I’m Yelling And Sometimes I’m Deadpan’ Carell. Why? Why ruin Get Smart?
Oh, Cloverfield, in case you haven’t heard, is fucking awesome.
The hype surrounding them made me avoid them like the plague initially, but I’ve now realised that Arctic Monkeys are actually quite good.
Mash-ups are, generally speaking, always fun (see what I did there?).
If you don’t already like Girl Talk, you should.
The Ancient Greeks had no word for the colour blue. In the Iliad, Homer describes the sky as being bronze, because of the confusion during translation.
Robots will rule the world someday. Trust me on this one…
Never Mind The Buzzcocks is approximately 700 times better than Spicks And Specks. If you’re an Aussie that has not yet been exposed to the superior NMTB, check it out. The host is a lovely young man named Simon, and Bill Bailey is a team captain. Manny from Black Books!
Russell Brand is pretty good. Ponderland, especially.
If I could marry a website, I’d marry IMDb.
Today I’m reviewing Juno.
I went into this movie with moderate expectations. I had seen trailers and there were some lines which didn’t seem to work, but on the whole it looked funny and interesting. In the end, those expectations were justified.
Southland Tales review coming soon…
Watch this space!