Hellooooo happy flower people, and welcome to the results show for Oz Idol’s Rolling Stones night. It was a night full of weirdness and good songs and goodness and weird songs. I’m a fairly hugemongous Rolling Stones fan, which may have played into my general disgust at the whole night. Disgust!
Well well well. I know this is later than usual, but hey; suck it. At least I get off my (metaphorical) arse and write a meaningless post about a reality television show every now and then – what do you do? Huh? Oh, you have a legitimate job? Oh, I see.
We say goodbye to Melbourne and the MCG’s hallowed turf (if you mention the MCG you must use the phrase ‘hallowed turf’. It is law), and move on to Perth. The auditions are being held at… the yacht club. Say WAt? Hardly the MCG. Ah well.
- “fluffer” jokes are no longer funny
- relevant guests (i.e. musicians on music quiz shows) are never as entertaining as irrelevant guests (comedians or regulars)
- The Chaser works best when scripted
- “APEC summit” jokes are no longer funny
- the Brits do it better
- jokes about death? always funny. They say he was a good actor but Heath Ledger’s last performance was a little hard to swallow. see?
- ross noble makes everything at least 3 times better
- i wonder if Heath Ledger’s suicide note was titled, “10 Things I Hate About Myself”?
- ok now i’m just getting distracted…
- one of the regular team captains is always either fat or bald. fact.
- if one of the regular team captains is female, she is never very attractive, but never too ugly. if she is too ugly, she must be extremely funny and/or cynical.
- it’s rumored that Heath Ledger might have actually died from alcohol poisoning….. a few too many cock sucking cowboys.